Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Money? Do we really need new money?

Why the hell do they keep coming out with new money?  I understand the new bills, counterfeiting, blah blah blah.

Then they came out with the stupid state quarters.  I admit to thinking it was a reasonably cool at the time (screw you, I was 15, I thought a lot of stupid things, at least I admit to it unlike you who probably loved Avril Lavigne, yeah, that's right, I called you out on it).  I didn't realize at the time it would be going for a damn decade and I would have to be bored with stupid tourist pictures of Alaska and North Dakota that would be significantly less interesting than the real states on the East Coast.  But okay, that was at least a gimmicky way to get people interested in quarters for some reason.

But WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!??!?!

That's the back of the new penny.  Yeah.  I'm not messing with you.  That's it.  They redesigned the penny.  I don't know how much it cost to design it (nice one guys, really nice...shield), change the mint presses or however they do it, and everything else.  But I do know it was MORE THAN ONE CENT.  Why are we redesigning a coin that has no business even existing any more?  I refuse to read about whether these are real or just prototypes, but if they start printing these
then I'm out of here.  Seriously.  Look at those.  A log cabin, some loser whittling, Abe Lincoln giving a campus tour, and the capitol building before it's finished.  Why not just show a picture of the completed building?  Because that might actually make for a nice coin.

So I just found out today that they are making these new pennies in 2010, which pisses me off.  But then I started looking at other coins.  What the hell is this?!?!!

That says 2006!!!  Guess what, government.  I live in this country, I touch the money every day, and four years later I didn't notice you changed the coin.  I didn't notice!  Why are you wasting time and effort on this?  Are you kidding me?!!?
Alright, I'm glad I got that out of my system.  Fortunately, when searching on Google Image for "new nickel" I found a real gem.  I won't ruin the surprise for you, but it's the only picture in the top two rows that isn't of the new nickel.  And is a nonsensical photoshop of Bill O'Reilly.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment